Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

5 July 2013

Interview with Lindsey Kelk!

On the 4th of July, Lindsey Kelk's fabulous new novel 'About a Girl' was released (click here to read the review)! The lovely Lindsey found some time in her busy schedule for a short interview for this blog, thanks so much Lindsey! :)


 


Can you tell us something about your new novel, ‘About a Girl’?
Sure! It’s a fun, funny novel about how life sometimes takes an unexpected turn. I think it’s a good escapist, summery read.

Where did you find the inspiration for the plotline of ‘About a Girl’? Is any of it based on real-life experiences? 
I always draw from real life for my books but there are rarely specific events in there. I can’t think of many women who haven’t lost a job or felt lost in life. And I’m pretty sure we’ve all had a crush on a friend or gone for the bad boy because we’re hurting. 

What do you like most about your new heroine, Tess?
I like that she takes chances. Admittedly they aren’t always the smartest chances but she goes for it anyway. And she likes to eat. That’s pretty great.

Which character in this novel did you most enjoy writing about and why?
I liked all of them actually. It was a nice change to meet some new characters, I’ve been writing the I Heart books for so long, it was interesting to develop new personalities. I love Tess, I loved her best friend Amy and writing Tess’ beach buddy Al was fun. Also I do have a bit of a crush on Nick and Charlie. I don’t know how Tess is going to choose…

If you had to describe ‘About a Girl’ in just three words, which words would you pick (other than the title itself, obviously!)?
Fun, funny escapism.

You’ve announced you’re busy working on another ‘I Heart...’ novel, namely ‘I Heart Christmas.’ How do you feel about going back to writing about Angela and co?
It’s a mixed bag. On one hand it’s like hanging out with old friends but on the other, it’s harder because so many of their stories have already been told. I hate putting Angela through anything difficult – she’s been through so much!

Why did you decide to go for a holiday (Christmas) this time around instead of another city/place?
I really wanted to tell another New York story and I love Christmas, just like Angela. It was as easy as that really!

Can you already give us just a tiny hint about Angela’s new adventures and what we can expect?
Hmm, it’s really early days in writing so I can’t really tell you anything other than someone has a baby and someone goes on an unexpected trip.


Be sure to pick up your own copy of Lindsey's new novel, 'About a Girl', in stores now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment