Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

4 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Popular Authors I've Never Read

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Lately I've seen some other book bloggers being quite enthusiastic about this weekly meme, so I decided to join in with the fun and try it out myself as well!
 
 
Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read
 
Today's Top Ten Tuesday is all about authors you've heard other people talk and be excited about, but somehow you never managed to pick up one of their books yourself. I think all of us can name some of those kind of authors or series of books, and I'm quite curious to see what names others have added to their top 10!



1. Candace Bushnell



Okay, as a dedicated chick lit fan I know I am not really allowed to admit this, but I've never read any of Candace Bushnell's novels, not even her famous 'Sex and the City' series *hides under desk in shame* While we're busy admitting things, I've never been a big fan of the 'Sexy and the City' TV series, perhaps that is also why I've never picked up the book. However, I love 'The Carrie Diaries', so I hope I'll finally make the time to read one of Candace Bushnell's works this year!



  
2. Victoria Fox



Another novelist whose books I see in tons of shops and I think I even have one of her novels hidden somewhere, but somehow I've never actually picked up and read one of them. Last year I discovered Tasmina Perry's glamorous and wonderfully scandalous books, and I think Victoria Fox's fit into that category as well. Definitely an author I think I would enjoy, but I just have to find the time to sit down and actually read one of her books sometime!



3. Wendy Holden



Wendy Holden is a chick lit author that has been around for ages and the covers of her novels look really familiar and dependable; I have this feeling that if you are looking for a nice chick lit read, Wendy Holden's books will not disappoint. However, I can't give a good reason why, but I've never actually read one of her books. The fact that I can't give a reason, shows that this is something I need to try and change this year, I guess!



4. Helen Fielding



Yes, I know *hangs head in shame again* While I've seen the Bridget Jones films and really enjoyed them (Hugh Grant and Collin Firth in the same film, who wouldn't enjoy that?!), I've never actually read the books. Last year, the third part of the series was released and I told myself I really needed to get a copy and finally read the books, but as soon as I read the spoilers (most of you will know what I am talking about, I'm sure...) I wasn't too sure about the books anymore.




5. Rainbow Rowell



I actually don't really know what Rainbow Rowell's books are about. I know it's YA, and I know a lot of people in the book blogging community are absolutely crazy about her and her work. And that has managed to make me quite curious about her novels... Anyone who can convince me I definitely need to pick up 'Fangirl'?




6. Jojo Moyes



Another hang-head-in-shame moment? I think so, because every chick lit fan has read one of Jojo Moyes' novels, right? She's another author within the genre that is known for her distinctive voice and I've especially heard so many good things about her novel "Me Before You"... Adding it to my to-read list for 2014 right now!




7. Tess Daly



There are numerous celebrities-turned-authors, especially within the chick lit genre, and some of them are good, some of them perhaps not everyone's cup of tea. However, UK presenter Tess Daly has released two books up until this day and I've only heard positive things about her novels. Last year I was really looking forward to the release of 'It's Up to You, New York', but never actually read it... Perhaps I will this year!




8. Milly Johnson



I simply adore the covers of Milly Johnson's novels. I know some of her novels focus on weddings, some of them have specific seasonal elements (winter, autumn, summer, spring)... Themes I love, which is why I have almost all of her novels on my to-read pile, but somehow I've never actually gotten around to picking one of them up and reading them. I honestly have no idea why!




9. Chrissie Manby



I think what I wrote about Milly Johnson also counts for chick lit author Chrissie Manby. I think her books look lovely and I can say with 99.9% certainty that I will most likely really enjoy them, but for some unclear reason I've never actually picked up and started reading one of her books.




10. Nora Roberts



My mum is a big Nora Roberts fan and I've read many of the blurbs on the covers of her novels; I think there's a big chance I would enjoy her stories, but have never read one. Wouldn't it be brilliant, though, realising you love the work of an author like Nora Roberts, meaning there are SO many books out there you haven't read yet?!

Which of these authors would you recommend? And which popular authors haven't you read? I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Love your list - I have a few in common with you, never picked up Victoria Fox but see her everywhere!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Rainbow Rowell last month and LOVED Eleanor & Park!
    New follower :) You have a super cute blog!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow Rowell made my list too. I'm not a huge YA fan, but her books are so popular I feel like I need to see what all the fuss is about. You should definitely read "Me Before You" this year... it was one of my favorite books that I read in 2013.

    ReplyDelete