Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

13 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 2014 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn't Get To

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 2014 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn't Get To

I love today's Top Ten Tuesday list because it gives me the opportunity to look back one more time at the past year and the fabulous books that were released. I was lucky enough to read many of them, but there are definitely also numerous 2014 releases which I meant to pick up but simply didn't have the time for (and I'm sure there are more than just 10 of them...). Which 2014 novels are you looking forward to reading as soon as possible?



1. Ali McNamara - 'From Notting Hill with Four Weddings... Actually'
 
I really can't believe I haven't read this book yet! It's at the top of my TBR-list, but somehow review copies and other books get in the way. I just know this novel will not disappoint, so I really hope I will be able to sit down with it as soon as possible!


2. Fiona Harper - 'The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams'



I love love love the sound of this novel and I was really excited about the release. I haven't managed to buy my own copy yet, but definitely plan on doing so the next time I'm going to order some books.




3. Rainbow Rowell - 'Landline'



So many bloggers are so incredibly excited about Rainbow Rowell's work, it's crazy. I decided I really had to check out one of her novels in 2014, but in the end I didn't. Perhaps this year?




4. Cathy Kelly - 'It Started With Paris'



Another 2014 release with a stunning cover and a blurb that promises a great story. I haven't got a copy of the book yet, but plan on buying one soon!




5. Victoria van Tiem - 'Love Like the Movies'



I was really excited about 'Love Like the Movies', because it sounds like the perfect read for me. I won a copy of the book via a giveaway on Twitter, but unfortunately never received it. It's definitely still on my TBR-list, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get a copy soon!




6. Dani Atkins - 'The Story of Us'



Another author who I've heard lots of promising things about, but haven't managed to check out myself. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to read one of Dani Atkins' works in 2015!




7. Claire Sandy - 'What Would Mary Berry Do?'



I straight away loved everything about Claire Sandy's debut novel, but unfortunately it's still lying on my TBR-list. Can't wait to read it this year!




8. Lucy Robinson - 'The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me'



2015 has to be the year in which I finally read one of Lucy Robinson's novels, there's no way around it. I've heard SO many good things about this book, I have no other choice but to read it!




9. Lucy Diamond - 'One Night in Italy'



I love Lucy Diamond's books and I can't believe I didn't manage to read this one last year. I already have her latest release ready on my TBR pile, but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze this one in as well!




10. Paige Toon - 'Thirteen Weddings'



 *hangs head in shame* I know, how could I have NOT read this release last year?!

I'd love to hear from you, so don't be shy and leave a comment! :)

4 comments:

  1. You should definitely put The Unfinished Symphony of You and I at the top of your TBR-list right now! It's the best book I read in 2014 and one of my all time favorites. :)

    Love, Eline
    rainnylondon.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Eline, definitely can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I really loved Landline. Rowell is such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list! I want to read 'Landline'.
    Here's mine if you would like to see it....
    http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-2014-releases-i-meant-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete