Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

27 October 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Literary Halloween Costumes

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Literary Halloween Costumes

In the Netherlands we don't celebrate Halloween and I guess because I never grew up with the holiday I also just never really warmed to it. I'm also not a big fan of scary books/films, so for this week's Halloween-themed Top Ten Tuesday I decided to go with a top 10 centred around another big part of Halloween: costumes! I loved having a look around the Internet to get some inspiration for fun book-themed costumes and the 10 costumes below are definitely some of my favourites!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. Dorothy from 'The Wizard of Oz'



I've always wanted to dress up as Dorothy, so she would definitely be my first costume choice. I already have the shoes, so only need the dress and basket and I'm good to go!




2. Elizabeth Bennet from 'Pride and Prejudice'



It wouldn't be one of my top 10's without a bit of Jane Austen in there!




3. Hermione Granger from 'Harry Potter'



Not a very original costume, probably, but still definitely a fun (and quite easy) one.




4. Miss Havisham from 'Great Expectations'



If I'd have to go for a scary costume I'd probably go for Miss Havisham from Charles Dickens' 'Great Expectations.' Also a good excuse to wear a pretty dress!




5. Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast'



Belle is of course the perfect bookish Disney heroine and a great and quite easy costume as well.




6. Alice from 'Alice in Wonderland'



I've seen so many fun ideas for Alice in Wonderland costumes online. You can do a lot of different things with this which is great.




7. Nancy Drew from the 'Nancy Drew' books



I love the vintage style clothes of Nancy Drew, so this would be a fabulous costume as well, with a lot of different and gorgeous choices!




8. Rory Gilmore from 'Gilmore Girls'



If I would need a quick costume, I'd go with Rory Gilmore! She has been one of my favourite TV show characters for several years, probably because I'm quite a lot like her, so a costume wouldn't be too difficult!




9. Scarlett O'Hara from 'Gone with the Wind'



If I decided to go all out on a costume I wouldn't say no to the opportunity to dress up as Scarlett O'Hara! I just love those big dresses and wouldn't miss the chance to wear one!




10. Mary Poppins from 'Mary Poppins'



Another one of my personal favourite literary characters, Mary Poppins, that would make a great costume!

14 comments:

  1. It would be SO fun to dress up as Mary Poppins. I'm going to have to remember that for future Halloweens. I did a similar list this week... wasn't coming up with costumes so fun?? I had a blast doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And yes, definitely, I love Top Ten Tuesday; always such fun topics to think about! Thanks for leaving a comment, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  2. Belle and Alice's costume look so alike :D
    Two in one!
    ADVANCE HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    Here's mine I hope you check it out :) MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Quite a few blue-dress costumes in there! Thanks, Christine! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this post!! I wish I had thought of dressing up like Nancy Drew when I was little, because I absolutely loved her! Also, who wouldn't want to be Rory Gilmore for a day?
    here's my ttt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Miss Havisham costume would take some dedication! :)

    Check out my TTT and my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but it would be worth it! ;-) Thanks for stopping by, Lauren!

      Delete
  5. A Miss Havisham costume would be absolutely brilliant! Perfect for Halloween!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for leaving a comment and checking out my TTT!

      Delete
  6. oh these are excellent ideas!! :) how fun! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Elizabeth Bennet costume would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Lynn, definitely one of my favourite ones on this list!

      Delete