Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

15 December 2015

Christmas Songs Book Tag!

One of the best things about this time of year is that I can finally get all my Christmas CDs out of their hiding place and listen to Christmas music 24/7! I love turning on the radio and hearing classic Christmas songs such as Wham's 'Last Christmas' and Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas is You'. So when I found this Christmas Songs Book Tag, created by That Artsy Reader Girl, I immediately knew I wanted to join in with the fun! :)


1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Name your favorite bookish couple.
I have to go with Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy; a classic couple <3 I've also been discovering some of Jane Austen's other couples lately, though, because characters such as Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth in 'Persuasion' and Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars in 'Sense and Sensibility' are also great couples with wonderful love stories!
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
Hmmm, this is quite difficult while at the same time this is something that happens in so many books, but of course I can't think of anything while writing this... Ah, I thought of a book! Olivia Goldsmith's 'Wish Upon a Star', one of my favourite chick-lit reads of all time and a must-read for any romcom fans.
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
'Mary Poppins' or 'The Wizard of Oz'!

4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
I've made a list with lots of books I've been meaning to buy this year, but still haven't been able to. If I get at least 1 of the books on this list I am already a happy bunny this Christmas!

5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red? (made you cry)
I have to go with Harry Potter, parts 6 and 7. There are no books that made me cry as much as those two. I am even a bit afraid of reading them again, because I know it's going to make me feel all kinds of emotions all over again!

6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: What’s your favorite book to read during the holidays? (re-read? or a specific genre?)
Definitely Christmas novels; books that will get me in a festive mood and will make me smile.



7. “We Three Kings”: What’s your favorite trilogy?
I haven't read that many trilogies, now I'm thinking about it. Hardly any, really! I probably have to go with Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women', 'Good Wives', and 'Jo's Boys.' 

8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?
I wouldn't say no to being snowed in with Mr. Darcy. Or Alex from Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series. 

9. “Last Christmas”: Which book seriously let you down?
I think in a way the 50 Shades of Grey books really let me down. For books the whole world seemed to be talking about, they just weren't as great as I was secretly hoping they would be.

10. “White Christmas”: Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
'The Night That Changed Everything' by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice; I honestly can't WAIT for this book!
Which books remind you of these songs? I tag you!

No comments:

Post a Comment