Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

26 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Just HAD To Buy... But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Books I Just HAD To Buy... But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

It's Top Ten Tuesday Freebie time! I did a good bit of thinking and decided I couldn't come up with anything myself, so I checked out the list of previous Top Ten's instead. I decided to go with 10 books I really wanted to buy, but are still sitting on my bookshelf, unread. I have the tendency to not actually read the books I buy myself, because I have so many review books to get through, which is not a good thing. Hopefully these beauties will remind me to also pick up some of my own bought books sometime soon!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Revenge Wears Prada' - Lauren Weisberger


 I still clearly remember how excited I was when I heard a sequel to 'The Devil Wears Prada' would be released. I got the book as soon as it was available but up until now I still haven't read it...



2. 'The Casual Vacancy' - J.K. Rowling


I was incredibly curious to check out J.K. Rowling's first novel after the Harry Potter series, but it's another book that is still lying on its bookshelf, waiting for me to pick it up.



3. 'Always the Bridesmaid' - Lindsey Kelk


A Lindsey Kelk book I haven't read yet, several months after its release?! Yes, I know, I don't even understand this. 



4. 'Me Before You' - Jojo Moyes
 

I know, I know, I know... I'm still deeply ashamed I haven't read this yet. If I go on like this, I might even see the film before I read the actual book *hides under desk*



5. 'The Best of Me' - Nicholas Sparks
 

I am actually getting excited about this novel as we speak, because it's fantastic to have a Nicholas Sparks novel I haven't read yet, waiting for me. Definitely adding this to the top of my TBR!



6. 'Legally Blonde' - Amanda Brown
 
Loved the film; bought the book straight away; never read it...


7. 'Left Overs' - Stella Newman

 
I remember I read many positive reviews of 'Left Overs', so when I saw it in a book shop, I got it straight away. However, I haven't actually sat down and read it yet.



8. 'The Lovely Bones' - Alice Sebold
 

Another book which so many people talked about, it was even turned into a film, but I haven't seen the film and still haven't read the book.



9. 'Gone Girl' - Gillian Flynn


 Still waiting for me as well...



10. 'Another Way to Fall' - Amanda Brooke


Oh, I remember how much I wanted to own a copy of this book. I thought it would be a fantastic read, and I am sure it is, but somehow I still haven't picked it up yet!

Enough reading left to do...!

8 comments:

  1. Great topic as I have so many books that I had to buy and haven't yet read.... It's amazing!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-10-favorite-indie.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Lovely Bones but hated Gone Girl, great list!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-where-i-like-bad.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to hear, Renee! Makes me even more curious to finally read these books. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to read some of these!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/valentine-theme-buy-box-for-february.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I actually just watched The Casual Vacancy miniseries and I think I liked it a little more than I liked reading the book...

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, Lauren, maybe I should check out the mini series first!

      Delete