Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

16 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Songs I Wish That Were Books

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Ten Songs I Wish That Were Books

I LOVE this week's Top 10 topic! Music and books go so well together and I think it's a great choice to finally have a Top Ten focused on this combination. I decided to go with 10 songs I'd love to see turned into novels, and I could have easily chosen at least 20 songs for this. I'm curious to see what other people come up with this week, so be sure to leave a link to your Top Ten in the comments section below!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'If You Don't, Don't' - Jimmy Eat World


This is one of my favourite songs of all time. There's this special feel to it and I could imagine a whole story behind the song which would undoubtedly make a fantastic novel.



2. 'That Thing You Do' - Busted


I used to be absolutely crazy about Busted when I was a teenager. 'That Thing You Do' is a song that has always made me smile and I think it would make a lovely romantic novel as well.



3. 'I Want to Save You' - Something Corporate


Another song from my teenage years. This song used to make me cry and long for a boy that would be willing to 'save me'... Yes, those teenage years *sighs* However, still a great song and one that would also make a pretty good book, I think.



4. 'Already Gone' - Kelly Clarkson


This is a beautiful song and I think it would make a beautiful heart-breaking book as well.



5. 'Last Kiss' - Taylor Swift


I'm a big Taylor Swift fan and 'Last Kiss' continues to be one of my absolute favourite songs of hers. It really tugs at my heartstrings and I would be curious to read more about the story behind the song!



6. 'Falling in Love' - McFLY


Such a brilliant song; it's a song that always inspires me when I try to write myself, so it definitely deserved a spot on this week's top 10 list.



7. 'Nothing' - The Script


I think The Script is one of those bands whose songs could all be turned into a book with a captivating story. I've loved 'Nothing' since the first time I heard it which is why I picked this one.



8. 'You Belong With Me' - Taylor Swift


Yes, another Taylor Swift song, I couldn't help myself. As a big chick lit and romance fan, I don't think it should be a big surprise that I think this song would make a great book <3



9. 'Somewhere Only We Knew' - Keane


This would make such a great book, no doubt about it.



10. 'Fix You' - Coldplay


I have to admit I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan, but I can't deny the beauty of this song and the fact that it would be the basis for a pretty amazing novel!

16 comments:

  1. Something Corporate. Wow I haven't listened to them in years! You just flooded me with memories. I said this on another blog but it's still true: I can't believe I didn't use a The Script song! Great picks :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I used to listen to them all the time when I was a teenager! And yes, The Script definitely belongs on this week's top 10 list. Thanks for stopping by, Maranda!

      Delete
  2. Oh I forgot about Somewhere only we know!! That song is beautiful!! And I love anything Taylor Swift writes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, any song of hers could be turned into a novel I would read, haha! Thanks, Samantha!

      Delete
  3. Somewhere Only We Know and Fix You are great songs! I would probably read books based off of them! Great Top Ten!
    My TTT! :)
    Vampire Academy Series Review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plenty of these songs are songs I almost put on my own list this week :D Including Fix You and Somewhere Only We Know. I love those songs so much. And I love Taylor Swift and The Script too!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, Anette! ;-) Thanks for stopping by and I'll definitely check out your list as well!

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS - how did I forget Somewhere Only We Know?! That was like my childhood song, and just PERFECT for a novel!! *excited noises*

    Also, I love the Taylor Swift choices - Last Kiss and You Belong With Me are definitely two classics, and I would actually really love to read a book revolving around the primer on reflection - it would be such a beautiful tragedy. (I just unintentionally referenced Sad Beautiful Tragic in my head: honestly did not mean to do that :P)

    Here's my TTT - would absolutely love it if you wouldn't mind checking it out when you get a spare moment (of course, no obligations!! :P) I chose 3 Taylor songs, but all different from your picks (Last Kiss is such a good shout) Thanks!!
    https://introtoblurb.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/top-ten-tuesday-songs-as-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, exactly! 'Last Kiss' would make a real tearjerker, no doubt about it! I'll be sure to check out your TTT as well, thanks for stopping by this week! :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! I'd definitely read a book based off of Taylor Swift. Her songs are always so fun and poetic already.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I totally agree with Somewhere Only We Know and Last Kiss - both would be such amazing books!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great songs on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/top-ten-tuesday-44/

    ReplyDelete