Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

19 July 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books Set Outside The US

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Books Set Outside The US

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a summer trip planned in the upcoming few weeks and I honestly can't wait to get some time off work and travel! This week's Top Ten Tuesday list already gave me the chance to travel a bit in my head, by looking back at some of the books I've read that are set in faraway locations, or at least outisde of the US. I actually read a lot of UK fiction, so I could have easily found 10 books set in the UK, but decided to go with some different locations as well...!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'How to Find Your (First) Husband' - Rosie Blake


The book starts in the US, but mainly takes place in England and Malaysia; quite an exciting world trip!



2. 'Pretty Famous' - Carla Caruso


Carla Caruso's 'Astonvale' series is set in Australia and it's one of my favourite women's fiction series of the past couple of years, great books!



3. 'The Chocolate Apothecary' - Josephine Moon


I love love love Josephine Moon's novels. This one starts off in Tasmania, but also takes the readers to France... And includes a lot of lovely chocolate!



4. 'Appleby Farm' - Cathy Bramley


This story is set in the fictional town of Kingsfield in the UK; a lovely village which I wish was real...!



5. 'Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe' - Debbie Johnson


This fantastic summer read is set in Dorset, UK, and is a great novel I can highly recommend to anyone looking for a holiday/summer read!



6. 'The Lonely Hearts Travel Club - Destination: India' by Katy Colins


I've never been to India, but Katy Colins' descriptions always made me feel as if I was there myself in this great novel.



7. 'Truly, Madly, Greekly' - Mandy Baggot


Another great summer I can't recommend enough, which is mainly set in beautiful Greece!



8. 'You Had Me at Merlot' - Lisa Dickenson


Anyone up for a good glass of wine in Tuscany...?



9. 'The French for Always' - Fiona Valpy


Another great read set in France; I even loved the setting and I'm not a big fan of France...!



10. 'From Notting Hill with Love... Actually' - Ali McNamara


One of my favourite novels of all time set in London! <3

4 comments:

  1. Such cute covers. I always love seeing the covers on contemporaries even though I don't read a lot of them. Thanks for sharing a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time hearing about these books, I'll have to check them out!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these at all - they sound good!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete