Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

18 December 2016

The Christmas Song Tag!

This time of year wouldn't be the same without some holiday-themed bookish fun to take part in! Today I'm taking part in the great Christmas Song Tag which I found on 'Spines and Covers'. If you're up for it, be sure to take part in the fun and leave the link to your answers in the comments section below! :)

 
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”
Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
I don't really end up liking villainous characters, ever, now I'm thinking about it. Perhaps I still have to meet my perfect villain...? But I have to admit I did develop kind of a soft spot for Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter books, and for the Grinch himself as well.

2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”
Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
I'd love to get the new version of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.'


3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”
Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
'Major' obstacles is of course something everyone has a different opinion on, but this question immediately made me think of Angela in Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series. At the start of the series she finds herself all alone, moving to the other side of the world without knowing what's going to happen, and at the end of the series she's really made something of herself and her life and overcame quite a number of obstacles... Love that series.

4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list? 
I've been thinking and thinking about this, but I honestly can't come up with a character besides Voldemort. Yes. Sorry. 

b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
I'm going to go with Seraphine from 'Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop', one of the Christmas-themed books I just finished. She does everything in her power to help her older sister get the wedding she wants, which definitely earns her a spot at the top of the nice list.
 
5. “Frosty the Snowman”
Which book just melts your heart.
Cecelia Ahern's 'P.S. I Love You' still makes me shed a few tears every time I read it.


6. “Feliz Navidad”
Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
I can honestly pick almost every single book I read for this question, because hardly any English books are set in the Netherlands. Let's go with the one I'm reading right now, 'One Christmas in Paris' by Mandy Baggot, which is, as the title already suggests, set in France.

7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
This year it's definitely Holly Martin's 'Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky' which is filled with Christmas joy until the brim.


8. “Sleigh Ride”
Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I'd love to spend the holidays with Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy at Pemberley <3

9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”
Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
I have to admit I would quite easily throw a lot of the more modern-day literature I had to read at university in the fire to warm up, such as my books by J.M. Coetzee.

10. “Do you hear what I hear”
Which book do you think everyone should read?
Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice'; a true classic and a story that shows what romance/love is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment